Launch Box Q-Fiber is a section of a fibre-optic cable of a proper length ended with connectors, through which we connect the reflectometer to the measured line. At the beginning section of the fibre-optic connection measured by a reflectometer we encounter coat-type modes, which are strongly attenuated and cause the reverse distribution of high intensity. For this reason the detector is in a saturated state and does not react to light intensity changes. The beginning part of an optic fibre is the so-called “dead zone”, in which no events are detected. The application of a tape leader Q-Fiber by complete covering of the dead zone makes it possible to correctly measure the fibre-optical line.
▪ Housing made of plastic 2.5 mm, as a standard in white (on demand other colours available: yellow, light-blue, blue, and green),
▪ Prevents fiber damage and stress during use or transportation,
▪ Handle makes it convenient to move,
▪ Custom length configurations available,
▪ Various connector types,
▪ The possibility of placing multiple fibers in one housing,
▪ Dimensions [H x W x D]: 67x266x169 mm.
OTDR Launch Cable, Equipment Calibration, System emulation of loss, Length, Time delay and Reflectance.
How to order:
▪ The Launch Box is entirely custom-made,
▪ Product in a solid and comfortable housing,
▪ Launch Box sealed with the label guarantee,
▪ Product is accompanied by a measurement protocol.
Files to download: