The MODE CONDITIONING (MC) cables are applied in systems, in which the modern active devices of the Gigabit Ethernet technology are connected by means of the existing multimode cabling. They make it possible to increase the transmission distance of the 1000BASE-LX technology to 550 m for OM1 cables. MC cables are duplex cables, at the end of which - on the transmission side - there is a section of single-mode cable. Next, a single-mode cable is connected with a multimode cable in a special manner, thus yielding an enhanced quality of signal propagation in the multimode cable. The MC technology consists in the optimum introduction of the signal from a single-mode fibre-optic cable to a multi-mode one, which is achieved by the displacement of cores. A single-mode signal is not introduced in the axis of the multimode fibre-optic core, because in such a situation there are many parallel signals, which interact and cause the so-called Differential Mode Delay (DMD parameter), thus limiting the transmission distance.
- Any length (length tolerance is up to 3 m: 3%, above: 1%),
- Various cable types: 50/125 μm or 62.5/125 μm,
- Cable Duplex Zipcord (I-VH) or Duplex Round (I-VHH),
- Cable diameters from 1.8 mm to 2.8 mm,
- Connectors on the ends: SC, FC, ST, LC, MU, E2000, MT-RJ, DIN, FDDI, other,
- Polishing standards: FLAT, PC, UPC, APC 8°, APC 9°.
- CATV, Monitoring,
- LAN, MAN, WAN,
- FTTX, PON.
- Intertion loss (IL): ≤0,50 dB ,
- Coupled power ratio (CPR):
- min 12 dB to max 20 dB for 50/125 and wavelength 1310 nm,
- min 28 dB to max 40 dB for 62,5/125 and wavelength 1310 nm,
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C.
How to order:
- Patchcord MC packed in a bag,
- Each product is accompanied by a measurement protocol,
- Ferrule secured cover,
- Fiber optic fusion secured by an aluminum tube and a shrink-guard.
Files to download: